Your feet can dome and flare like a jellyfish. They cup the earth and then spread wide across the ground.
Let’s warm and soothe the fascia on the soles of our feet, and open and spread the bones from the top of the foot.
Today’s massage moment restores the natural pliability of your feet. We are warming and encouraging circulation through the top of your foot and gently kneading the sole of your foot.
Time needed: 5 minutes
How to open your restore pliability to your feet with a relaxing self massage:
- Grasp both sides of your foot.
- Your fingers will naturally curl around to the bottom of your foot, meeting in the center.
- Press your fingers into the sole of your foot.
Work at a level that feels comforting to you. It does not take much pressure to affect change.
- With gentle pressure, smooth the top of your foot with the whole of your thumbs from center to sides. Feel your metatarsal bones spreading.
Imagine yourself walking through the forest, your feet soft and pliable. Picture them naturally cupping the earth as you step, and lightly springing as you lift.
Feel vividly through your feet to the earth below. Imagine your awareness extending deep through the soil to the tree roots and the mycelial web that feeds them. Feel yourself connected: fully grounded, and yet, light on the earth.
This is just the beginning of the awareness you can have with your amazing feet.
- Repeat with the other foot.
For the complete program on how to give yourself a wonderfully relaxing, full body self massage, check out our Whole Body Transformation.