Your body is your landscape: its structure makes up bony ridges and pliable valleys. As we massage our body, we are encouraging the flow of circulation through our tissues: encouraging pliability and fluidity throughout our bodies.
Today, you’ll encourage your ribcage to become more pliable and our circulation to increase by massaging between your ribs.
Time needed: 2 minutes
How to massage your ribcage:
- Place your hands on your chest. Feel your ribs with your fingertips. Notice the ridges of your ribs. Feel the valleys between them.
- With your fingertips between your ribs, slide them outward from center.
- Continue this stroke, keeping your fingers strong yet sensitive. Move up and down your ribcage.
- Notice the sensations as you massage. Feel the energetic vibration under your fingers.
- On your last stroke, continue the movement outward so your hands stretch out wide. Breathe.
For the complete program on how to give yourself a wonderfully relaxing, full body self massage, check out our NatureBody® Connection.