The arches of your foot help your feet act like springs: they load and spring off the ground with each step.
Whether you have high arches or fallen arches, whether your feet feel great or if you get an aching sensation when you stand too long, this massage will help you make your arches to be supple and your spring dynamic.
Time needed: 5 minutes
How to massage the arches of your feet to bring the spring back into your step:
- Rest your right foot on top of your left knee.
- With your right hand, hold the base of your arch, down toward the heel. Bring your left hand to the other side of your arch, under the ball of your toe. Hold your foot firmly yet gently with both hands.
The benefit of this massage comes from the movement, not from the squeezing.
- With your left hand, twist your arch back and forth, influencing down to the bones.
- Now lightly wring your arch with both hands.
Imagine the paws of a mountain lion softly sensing its next step as it eases silently through the forest. The lion listens with its foot before it commits to the step. As it trusts its weight into the step, its paws widen for stability and quiet its footsteps.
Your feet also have this sensitivity and balance. Your strong, yet supple arch allows you to ease over varied terrain with the skill of a mountain lion.
- Repeat with your left foot.
For the complete program on how to give yourself a wonderfully relaxing, full body self massage, check out our Whole Body Transformation.