Your hands are so sensitive. They are your main tactile, information gathering instruments. Today’s massage will help you develop the sensitivity of your hands. When you begin to see through your hands, your touch becomes more intuitive.
Time needed: 3 minutes
How to develop an intuitive touch by seeing through your hands:
- Stand tall. Let your arms rest heavily at your sides.
- Place your hand on your opposite wrist. Let your fingers conform to the contours of your wrist and arm. What do you notice? Can you feel your pulse? Feel the bones of your wrist under your hand. Notice the temperature, the texture, the vibration of your living tissue.
- Slowly draw your hand up the inside of your arm. Loosely glide up the curves to your elbow. Let your grip be flexible, and yield to the shape of your arm. A light touch is a listening touch. We want to listen first, before going deeper.
- As you stroke up your arm, you are encouraging the blood to flow from your fingers back to your heart. Press with your palm. Keeping your fingers loose, draw your palm firmly upward. Return lightly down to your wrist.
- Spiral your hand upward, stroking the inside and outside of your arm from wrist to shoulder. Close your eyes to focus on the information your hands are sensing. Feel through the textures of your arm: from skin, to circulation, to muscle, to bone, all held together and communicating in a web of fascia. You are listening to your own personal ecosystem. What do you feel? How do you feel?
For the complete program on how to give yourself a wonderfully relaxing, full body self massage, check out our Whole Body Transformation.